- This event has passed.
Life as a Freelancer: The Pros and Cons of Freelancing
Think you'd like to freelance but find the leap daunting? This panel discussion, featuring LCF alumni who have forged careers as successful freelancers and business owners, will provide insight into what it takes to work as a freelancer. The panel will share their individual experiences of launching their freelance practice/businesses, the lessons they learnt along the way, and what they find most enjoyable - and challenging - about running their own business.
The following speakers will be sharing their freelance experiences:
- Stacia Bedford, Co-Founder of Prim & Clover
- Ash Allibhai, Fashion Director ASBO Magazine
- Mirela Lacerda, Brand Strategist, Mentor and Founder of Project M London
It’s no secret that the UK’s army of freelancers, contractors and self-employed professionals is growing as the nature of work changes. The number of self-employed people is increasing year-on-year in the UK. The platform PeoplePerHour recently predicted that half of the UK's workforce will be freelancing by 2020 and UAL has seen a marked increase in the number of graduates (across all disciplines) identifying as self-employed.
LCFs Student Enterprise team works with LCF students and alumni to start and grow their businesses whilst at college and beyond graduation. The team is supporting this years Graduate Futures Week by programming a day of events inspired by the theme The Art of Freelancing.
This event will take place at the RHS Centre Space, London College of Fashion, 20 Prince's Street, London W1G 0BJ
- Tue 3 July
3:30pm - 5:00pm
- Career advice Confidence & resilience Entrepreneurs stories Freelancing General graduate advice Practice & production Self promotion & marketing Starting a business
- 20 John Prince's Street , London, Greater London, W1G 0BJ, United Kingdom + Google Map
Back to All Events